Every once in a while, its good to just let your mind wander. I don’t have a vast audience for my blog, but its a respectable group of folks and I’m appreciative for the hits each day. Today, I’m just going to let my mind reflect on a few things I’ve been thinking on lately.
- Thanks to some good friends, Grey and Melanie Carter, I have gotten into the “Buy Sell Trade” Facebook pages. These things are pretty cool. I haven’t bought anything off any of them yet, but I have sold a few things – a train table, a pair of shoes, and a couple of movies. If you have some junk around your house, join one of these groups. I’m amazed at what people will sell or buy.
- I was disappointed this year that my Crimson Tide went out the way they did for the season, but truth be told, I thought they overachieved this year. If you had told me at the beginning of the year that Ohio State would have won the inaugural playoff run – I would have said you were nuts. Congrats to the Buckeyes.
- Josie has been in the process of losing her two front teeth for about a month now. Its almost cartoonish to look at her cute little smile.
- My wife and I have been really into the thought process of down-sizing our possessions. The other day, I went through my closet and pulled out about 15 shirts that I haven’t worn in the past year. I haven’t gone through my drawers and storage. When was the last time you did some cleaning like that? I found it rather therapeutic.
- I’m not a big fan of the “winter breaks” that a lot of television shows are taking these days. I suppose its nice to have continuity without weeks in between shows all year long – but lots of the best shows seem to take about a 2 month break these days. What show are you looking forward to returning?
- I’m trying to get in more reading this year as well. The current book I’m reading is entitled : “Satan and His Kingdom: What the Bible Says and How it Matters to You” written by Dennis McCallum. Its a good read on how to understand the Evil One a bit more, and how he attacks us, how he works, the powers he possesses, and much more.
I hope your 2015 has started off great!